Problem using Actions, using the ActionTest code

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jamiemi

Problem using Actions, using the ActionTest code

Post by jamiemi »

Hello:

I am having problems understanding the problems that I am having with incorporating the rvActions in my applications.

I am using Delphi 2005, Professional with all updates.

I get the same problem just opening the ActionTest demo, so I will describe that.

Download the ActionTest code, decompress it into new directory.
In Delphi 2005 window, open the ActionTest.bdsproj file.
Double click on Unit3.pas in the project manager.
I immediately get the following error:

Error Reading Form
Class TRVFontComboBox not found. Ignore etc.

If I ignore this one, I get the same message for TrvFontSizeCombobox, TrvRuler, etc. For each of these errors, tracing out the problem simply confuses me. The code files for each of these objects is in the same directory as the code - and the directory is in the path. If I go to an object - for example, putting the cursor on TRVFontComboBox, right clicking on it and then clicking on Find Declaration, the correct file opens up and the cursor ends up on the class declaration, exactly the way you would expect.

RichViewActions and dmActions are in the same directory, all of this stuff seems to be in the right places.

I have spent hours trying to understand this problem. Everytime I try to add the Action test form into my own code I get this same noise. Can you give me a clue what I am missing here?

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Before using RichViewActions, you need to install them.
The simplest way to install is opening RichViewActions2006.bdsproj, right clicking the package in Project Manager and choosing "Install".
Advanced installation options (using Indy, HTML import, Addict3 and RvXML) are described in install.txt.
jamiemi

Hmmmm - that's interesting

Post by jamiemi »

I had installed these way back. Under the component menu, the Install Packages screen [seemed to show] that the package had been installed. But, looking at the tool palette, there were no controls showing. A complete uninstall / reinstall of the RichViewActions took care of it.

It all goes to show - never make assumptions when programming.

Thanks Sergey.

jamie
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I am glad that the problem is solved.
As for the question about registered version, it is answered in a private message.
jamiemi

Got it.

Post by jamiemi »

Thanks