Addict parser

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
BernhardRoos

Addict parser

Post by BernhardRoos »

Hello,
we've bought Addict Spelling Component (version 4.5) and so I've downloaded on your website the parser for this Third Party product and tried to compile the Addict4_Richview_dxe3.dproj package.
But I get the compiler error "Never build package addict4_d17 must recompile".
Any ideas what the problem is?
Best wishes
Bernhard
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

For some reasons, Delphi thinks that the compiled version of addict4_d17 is not up to date.
The only way to solve this problem is opening this package (dproj or dpk file) and recompile. After compiling, make sure that you do not have duplicated package files (bpl and dcp files) in different directories
BernhardRoos

Post by BernhardRoos »

Thanks for your answer.
I've recompiled addict4_d17 and checked of duplicated bpl and dcp files. All seems good.
But I'm not able to compile and install the parser.

The exact error is
[dcc32 Fataler Fehler] addict4_d17.dpk(1): E2225 'Never-build' Package 'addict4_d17' muss neu compiliert werden

But in addict4_d17 IMPLICITBUILD is set to on. So it is no never-build Package as the error text say.

In the parser Package the IMPLICITBUILD is set to off. Perhaps this is the problem. But if I change it to on, I get the same error message.

Best wishes
Bernhard Roos
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

yes, the addict package must be made never-build, because TRichView packages are never-build, so the parser package must be never-build is well.
The only reason that I can imagine for this error after making the addict package never-build and recompiling it is duplicate files (dcp, bpl, dcu)
BernhardRoos

Post by BernhardRoos »

Now it works. Thanks.

But in my Editorform I can't activate the Live Spelling.

I only call in the FormCreate

RichviewEdit1.StartLiveSpelling;

But this seems not the only thing, I have to do. How can I say the TRVAddictSpell Component that it in the RichviewEdit1 should activate the LiveSpelling. I've looked into the simple demo, but can't see any difference to my application.

Best wishes
Bernhard
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

The key event for live spelling is OnSpellingCheck event.
BernhardRoos

Post by BernhardRoos »

Thanks for your answer. Now it works.

But I've seen in the simple demo, that there is a PopupMenu and the Menu is creating at runtime. But the Addict Spelling component has already a popup menu. Can I use this PopupMenu automatically? (If I'm using standard components like TMemo then Addict uses automatically its own Popupmenu).

Best wishes
Bernhard
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I think you cannot use the Addict's menu in our editor, but you can ask Addict support